The fantastic ocean views are one of the biggest draws to Kona, Hawaii, real estate. When it comes to selecting the perfect home, whether you’re retiring here or you are looking for the perfect place to raise your family, you’ll want to know where the best ocean views are. Kona realtors are an excellent resource in helping you find an ocean view to fall in love with.
Choose Higher Elevations
Purchasing houses for sale in Kona right along the beach may be your dream, but you can still find amazing views a little further inland as well. The overall terrain of Kona is a steep incline that provides ocean views for residents throughout the area. This is why Kona realtors recommend choosing higher elevations over the flatter land located right along the 60 miles of Kona Coast beaches. You can find incredible homes for sale within a mile and a half from the beach and up to 700 feet above sea level. They feature incredible ocean views unmatched by the homes located much closer to the water. Keep in mind any homes over 1,200 feet may experience blocked views due to cloudy conditions from the rain belt.
Prefer Beachfront Property?
If living right on the beach is still a priority, you can find homes along some of the best beaches in the Kona area. With amazing views of the setting sun and the opportunity to kick back and relax in your own backyard, beachfront property holds an appeal unlike any other area of the Big Island. As you consider Kona, Hawaii, real estate, we recommend looking for homes near the following beaches:
- Hapuna Beach – This beautiful beach is know for its stunning views and excellent swimming. This popular beach provides plenty of amenities for families and out of town guests.
- Kona Coast State Park – This quiet stretch of beach is great for those looking to travel off the beaten path. For those seeking more seclusion and peace, Kona Coast State Park is a great spot for a quiet, scenic picnic.
- Mauna Kea Beach – This spot is the epitome of tropical views with white sand and tall palm trees swaying in the breeze.
- Kikaua Point Beach – With perfectly clear water and beautiful white sand beaches, this area is great for those looking to experience the most the Big Island has to offer.
- Kahaluu Beach Park – This beach is best known for its coral reefs, sea turtles and colorful fish, making it an ideal place to snorkel.
A great view of the ocean may be your first priority as you shop for Kona, Hawaii, real estate. In most places, this would mean limiting yourself to oceanfront properties that may fall outside your budget. However, you can find your perfect piece of paradise in just about any location in the city. When it comes to houses for sale in Kona, you will find endless real estate options that all afford incredible views of the Hawaiian sunset, pristine beaches and turquoise waters.
If you’re looking for one of the best Kona realtors to help you simplify the search for your piece of paradise, contact us. Our experienced staff can help you locate the ocean view you’ve been dreaming about!