What do people look for in a home when they are ready to retire?
That concept has changed significantly over the last few decades. Today, people look at retirement as simply the next stage of life. And as a part of that life, living the best way possible becomes front and center of making a final selection for a place to call home.
That’s why Hawaii has been growing in popularity over the last few years, with the Big Island increasingly becoming the island of choice. We have warm, tropical climates for year round living, plus as many activities as you could possibly choose to do – from golf, to sailing, to gardening, to charity work.
Because Hawaii is a vacation destination for so many, it becomes a natural place to stay and play. If you’re considering retiring on the Big Island, is it a year round decision, or some place to come home to after weeks on the road?
Buying a one story, one level home has its benefits not only in helping you maintain a healthy lifestyle throughout all stages of life, but also for bringing families together. When all rooms are a short distance from each other, it allows you to stay connected whether its for a short vacation or for the entire year.
Condominiums offer all that and more. Condos are very popular because of their:
- maintenance free living – maintained common areas, exterior paint, roof, trash, hot water
- access to common areas and other amenities, such as swimming pools, spa facilities, work out rooms, tennis, and more
- ability to lock and leave
- one level living, with bedroom, bathroom and kitchen all within easy reach
- parking lot areas to handle handicap accessibility and lots of space to park
- well maintained landscaping to enjoy without having to maintain it
- investment opportunity – it’s a great way to help fund your retirement if you’ll only be here a few months of the year
- elevator access
- residential manager for emergencies
- easy and convenient access to everything you need
In some complexes, they even offer front desk service, which for those that choose to rent out their condos as vacation units when they aren’t using it, can be a huge benefit.
Of course these are just a few of the many benefits you’ll find when you decide a condominium is the right choice for you. If you have special requests, just ask.
If you are ready to retire and make the Big Island your home, whether on a part time or full time basis, condo living may be the perfect choice for you. Call me today and I can answer all the questions you have about making Hawaii your new home.